Monday, November 14, 2011

With time…

There are things you only realize with time, as experience, age, change of pace and a different point of view settle in your life.

Presently at 40, I am (finally) learning about myself again.  At a younger age, my energies were often spent trying to "fit in”, even though most of my free time was spent in a basement with a Commodore 64 until university/college.  This desire to fit in, these energies spent worrying about whether or not I will “make it” are now spent enjoying the things I now realize I enjoy and don’t have to apologize for it.
I enjoy the music I enjoy, I like the things I like.  That’s who I am.  I don’t need to pretend to like something to fit in or to get someone’s attention.  Some figure this out early on, some later.  I’m slow, so here I am.  There’s a feeling of “settling in your comfortable shoes” and relaxing while living.

Has the shadow finally passed?

I’m looking forward to my 40s.
Snapshot_095

-Roe

No comments: